Saturday, 21 November 2020
New York, U.S.A.
The Prabodhini Ekadashi (Kartik sud ekadashi) is when the chaturmas comes to an end. This is the first ekadashi after the Diwali festival. The day is also referred to as the prabodhini ekadashi. Prabodh means to awaken. This is the day that the Lord (Dev) is said to arise from his 4-month sleep. It is therefore sometimes also referred to as Dev Prabodhini Ekadashi. Again, because the Lord awakens, this day is also called the Dev Oothi (wake-up) ekadashi. The sentiments for the Lord's disciples behind this day go further. We have to remain vigilant that from this day, the Lord within us also arises, i.e. the divinity of the Lord is present and rejuvenated within us.
This year we are celebrating Bapashree Jayanti on Thursday, 26 November 2020! As part of these festivities an Online Shibir has been organised. See below for shibir details
Shibir Date: Saturday, 21 November 2020
How to join Online Shibir
- Online Shibir will be held via Zoom.
- You will only be able to join the Zoom Online Shibir if you have a Zoom account. If you do not have an account, please register for an account proir to Online Shibir starts. Don't worry, this is a free account and you do not have to pay anything. Zoom Sign Up
- Please note you must be 16 years and above to register a Zoom account. So if you are younger than 16, please ask your parents to create the account for you.
- Each participant will require a separate login. The same account cannot be used by more than once.
- Join the most relevant Room to your age group. The Room information is provided below - click on the relevant Room to join.
- During the Zoom joining process, you will be asked to confirm your name. Make sure you enter your full name and your city in the Name field, for example, Prital Patel - Ahmedabad. Don't worry if you forgot to change your name during the joining process. You can change the name using the instructions below.
- You will need a pen and paper for the games.
- The online Rooms will open 10 minutes before the start time. For example, if you are in India, the Rooms will open at 6.50pm IST. The start times for your region is provided above.
Instructions on changing display name within Zoom Profile:
- Changing name prior to meeting: Go to my account -> Profile -> Edit -> Change display name
- Already in the meeting:
Go to Participants list -> Find your name -> right click -> More - > Re-name -> Change to your name
|Ages - 7 and under
||Meeting ID: 279 801 2444
|Ages - 8 to 12
||Meeting ID: 842 3012 5006
|Ages - 13 to 18
||Meeting ID: 884 7607 0290
|Ages - 19 to 25
||Meeting ID: 917 3055 3865