The auspicious occasion of Prabhodhini Ekadashi (Kartik Sud Ekadashi, Samvat 2074) fell on Tuesday 31st October 2017. Prabhodhini Ekadashi is especially significant in the Karan Satsang; six anniversaries fall on this day, namely:
- Jeevanpran Shree Abji Bapashree Jayanti (Samvat 1901, 1844 AD, Vrushpur).
- Birthday of Shree Dharmadev (Samvat 1796, 1739 AD, Itara).
- Shree Nilkanthvarni was initiated as a Sant by Sadguru Shree Ramanand Swami (Samvat 1857, 1800, Piplana).
- Shreeji Maharaj was handed the helm of religion by Sadguru Shree Ramanand Swami (Samvat 1858, 1801 AD, Jetpur).
- As leader of the Faith, Shreeji Maharaj presided upon His regal throne, Shree Swaminarayan Gadi. Therefore, this day is celebrated as the establishment of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi upon this Earth.
- Jeevanpran Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa was initiated as a Sant in the Samvat year 1986 (14th November 1929).
To mark this great day, a 24 hour continuous Shree Swaminarayan Mahamantra Dhoon (chanting) is held in Shree Swaminarayan Mandir Maninagar. Shorter versions of Shree Swaminarayan Mahamantra Dhoon are also held in Shree Swaminarayan Gadi mandirs all over the world.The festivities commenced on Prabhodhini Ekadashi day with kirtan bhakti and followed by the start of the 24 hour dhoon at 10am. The festivities concluded with the ending of the 24 hour dhoon the next day at 10am and followed by Acharya Swamishree's divine ashirwad.