As per the Hindu calendar, the Ekadashi that occurs in the bright fortnight of the Hindu month of Kartik is called Prabodhini Ekadashi. Prabodhini Ekadashi marks the end of the chaturmas. This is a propitious day when Lord Shree Swaminarayan chose to give darshan upon the earth as Jeevanpran Shree Abji Bapashree.
Devotees gathered at Shree Swaminarayan Siddhant Sajivan Mandal – Nairobi from 5.30pm .
The celebrations commenced with Shree Swaminarayan Mahamantra Dhoon for two hours followed by Sandhya Aarti Niyams. Thereafter, Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa showered His divine ashirwad to the congregation.
Apart from the end of Chaturmas, this auspicious day also commemorates the anniversaries of six other significant events;
1. Jeevanpran Shree Abji Bapashree Jayanti. (Samvat 1901, Vrushpur)
2. Birth of Shree Dharmadev. (Samvat 1796, Ittarpur)
3. Shree Nilkanthvarni was initiated as a Sant by Sadguru Shree Ramanand Swami. (Samvat
4. Shreeji Maharaj was handed the helm of religion by Sadguru Shree Ramanand Swami.
(Samvat 1858, Jetpur)
5. The Supreme Lord Swaminarayan spread His prowess proficiency while seated on His Divine
Throne, Shree Swaminarayan Gadi.
6. Jeevanpran Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa was initiated as a Sant. (Samvat 1986- 14th
Jeevanpran Shree Abji Bapashree gave His divine darshan on a beautifully decorated cradle. Pragatya Samaiyo and Pragatya Aarti were performed to honour the manifestation of Jeevanpran Abji Bapashree. Panchajiri prasad was served to the congregation as they dispersed with sweet memories of above events.