As per the Hindu calendar, the Ekadashi that occurs in the bright fortnight (Shukla Paksha) of the Hindu month of Kartik is called Devuthi Ekadashi (Prabhodini Ekadashi). Prabhodini Ekadashi marks the end of the Chaturmas. This is an auspicious day when Lord Shree Swaminarayan chose to give darshan upon the Earth as Jeevanpran Shree Abji Bapashree (Kartik Sud Ekadashi, Samvat 1901).
Devotees gathered at Maninagar Shree Swaminarayangadi Sansthan, Shree Swaminarayan Siddhant Sajivan Mandal – Nairobi from 5.30pm commencing with Shree Swaminarayan Mahamantra Dhoon for two hours followed by Sandhya Aarti Niyams. Thereafter, Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa showered His divine ashirwad to the congregation.
Apart from the end of Chaturmas, this auspicious day also marks the anniversary of six other great occasions:
1. Jeevanpran Shree Abji Bapashree Jayanti (Samvat 1901, Vrushpur)
2. Birth of Shree Dharmadev (Samvat 1796, Ittarpur),
3. Shree Nilkanthvarni was initiated as a Sant by Sadguru Shree Ramanand Swami (Samvat 1857, Piplana)
4. Shreeji Maharaj was handed the helm of religion by Sadguru Shree Ramanand Swami (Samvat 1858, Jetpur)
5. The Supreme Lord Swaminarayan spread His prowess proficiency while seated on His Divine Throne, Shree Swaminarayan Gadi.
6. Jeevanpran Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa was initiated as a Sant. (Samvat 1986- 14th November 1929)
Jeevanpran Shree Abji Bapashree gave His divine darshan on a beautifully decorated cradle. Pragatya Samaiyo and Pragatya Aarti were performed to honour the birth of Jeevanpran Bapashree. Devotees took turns in Prasad of Panchajiri was served to all.