Shree Abji Bapashree Jayanti - 3rd November 2014
As per the Hindu calendar, the Ekadashi that occurs in the bright fortnight (Shukla Paksha) of the Hindu month of Kartik, is called the DevUthani Ekadashi (Prabodhini Ekadashi). The occasion of Prabodhini Ekadashi marks the end of the chaturmas. The period of four months before the Prabodhini Ekadashi is considered to be the sleeping period of The Lord. It is said that The Lord goes to sleep called the Yoga Nindra on Devshayani Ekadashi and wakes up after the four month duration, i.e. on Prabodhini Ekadashi.
Significance of The Day
To the Swaminarayan Gadi Sansthan,it marks the anniversary of six great occasions;
In celebration of these events,
- Jeevanpran Shree Abji Bapashree Jayanti.
- Birthday of Shree Dharmadev.
- Shree Nilkanthvarni was initiated as a Sant by Sadguru Shree Ramanand Swami.
- Shreeji Mahararaj was handed the helm of religion by Sadguru Shree Ramanand Swami.
- On this day, The Supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayan spread His prowess proficiency while seated on His Divine Throne, Shree Swaminarayan Gadi.
- Jeevanpran Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa was initiated as a Sant in the Samvat year 1986 (14th November 1929).
2 hour continuous Shree Swaminarayan Mahamantra Dhoon was held on 3rd November 2014 from 5.30pm to 7.30pm. The devotees then performed Aarti to please Lord Shree Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa. Jeevanpran Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa showered His divine blessings upon the congregation. Devotees skillfully crafted out a beautiful pram in which Jeevanpran Abji Bapashree gave His Divine Darshan. The devotees then performed poojan to Lord Shree Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa and were served with delicious panchajiri prasad.