A week long sports activities,from 26th December 2013 to 1st January 2014, were held in celebration of HDH Acharya Swamishree’s 25th visit to Kenya. Various team sports - volleyball, football, netball were organized within the Swamibapa Temple compound. Physical exercise is good for mind, body and spirit. Furthermore, team sports are good for learning, accountability, dedication and leadership, among many other traits. Putting it all together, by playing a sport one achieves a winning combination.
The multiple benefits that sports offer include:-
- Academic benefit - Sports require memorization, repetition and learning ;skill-sets that are directly relevant to class work.
- Teamwork and achievement of goals- fighting for a common goal with a host of other players and community members teaches you how to build a collective team synergy and effectively communicate the best way to solve problems en route to a victory. This will be very helpful in life when encountering problems in the work force, at the home-front, or in any other arena.
- Health benefits - clearly, sports will improve your fitness.
- Mental benefits - a healthy body means a healthy mind as well. Sports teaches people how to manage time and attain goals. Moreover it builds confidence through both success and disappointment.
- Social benefits –in team sports you are going to interact with other teammates and create a plan for success. Since you are going to rely on the new members of your team, it is highly likely that you will make new friends.
For the above mentioned benefits and many more, HDH Acharya Swamishree encourages the youth to involve in sports and reap the benefits. However, in doing so, one should never forget the merciful Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa who has gifted us all with a healthy body.