New Year Celebrations – 1st January 2012
For the devotees of Karan Satsang, 2012 is a very special year. It will host a number of important events.
1. The completion of 60years since Muktajeevan Swamibapa first set His divine foot on the soils of Panchmahal.
2. Suvarna Pratishtha Mahotsav of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi Temple - Bhuj.
3. Golden Jubilee of HDH Acharya Swamishree’s initiation in the sant mandal.
4. 60th anniversary of the installation of the divine Murti of Shree Ghanshyam Maharaj at Nairobi Temple.
5. 70th birthday celebration of HDH Acharya Swamishree.
To commence a list of activities for the year, HDH Acharya Swamishree inaugurated a set of DVD serial "Sarvopari Sarvavtari Shree Swaminarayan Bhagvan Serial" and "Bhakti Sangeet and Nrutya Nite" held on 22nd December 2011 in presence of the Chief Guest of the occasion, Mr. Charles Gitonga, a Chief Magistrate in Kenya. A large audience had congregated to witness this occasion and also to receive the divine blessings of HDH Acharya Swamishree.
In His divine blessings, HDH Acharya Swamishree accentuated the following points:-
• The murti of Lord Swaminarayan is divine and supreme; one should never recognize or compare Him to a human being.
• Lord Swaminarayan is a huge mine of everlasting happiness. If one accepts Him as his heavenly father, he will attain true happiness.
• True devotion unto the lotus feet of Lord Swaminarayan is the master key to real happiness.
• One should always work towards the common good of the society, not for personal benefit.
• Respect, wisdom, affectionate, trustworthy, caring, honesty, empathy, courage, engaging, dependable, sincere and amiable are some of the personal qualities which a person should posses. These are the qualities which help a person to work towards the common good of the society.
• Those who are of high social status should help others who are less fortunate in the society. The Lord rewards such donors in a multiple fold.
• When a child is born, he is so loving, honest and happy, but as he grows he attains the qualities of those with whom he associates. One should always associate with those having good qualities mentioned above, but not with those who are selfish, jealous, greedy and misers.
• One should forget his grudges, selfishness, jealousy and greediness in the previous year and practice aforementioned good qualities in the year 2012.
To conclude the evening congregation, HDH Acharya Swamishree wished all a happy, healthy and a prosperous New Year 2012 and prayed for universal peace.