Prabodini Ekadashi - Nairobi
Kartak Sud Ekadashi is a day of great importance to The Swaminarayan Gadi Sansthan. It marks the anniversary of six great occasions, namely :-
- Dharmadev , the father of The Supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayan manifested on this day in Samvat 1796.
- On this day, in Samvat 1857, Shree Ramanand Swami gave Bhagwati Mahadiksha (the becoming of a saint in which vows such as celibacy and renunciation of all personal possessions and of all worldly duties, including family ties are taken) to The Supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayan.
- On this day, in Samvat 1858, Shree Ramanand Swami handed over the helm of Karan Satsang to The Supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayan.
- On this day, The Supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayan spread His prowess/ proficiency while seated on His Divine Throne , Shree Swaminarayan Gadi.
- On this day, to eradicate the vices and to instigate His supremacy, Supreme Lord Swaminarayan manifested again in the form of Shree Abji Bapashree in Kutch - Vrushpur, in Samvat 1901.
- On this day, Jeevanpran Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa was initiated into the Saint fraternity by Sadguru Shree Ishwarcharandasji Swami.
To mark this great day, a 24 hour continuous Shree Swaminarayan Mahamantra Dhoon ( chanting ) is held in Shree Swaminarayan Temple, Maninagar-Ahmedabad. Shorter versions of Shree Swaminarayan Mahamantra Dhoon are also held in Shree Swaminarayan Gadi temples all over the world.
In Nairobi, 2 hour continuous Shree Swaminarayan Mahamantra Dhoon was held on 9th November 2008 from 5.30pm to 7.30pm. The devotees then performed Aarti to please Lord Shree Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa. Jeevanpran Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa showered His divine blessings upon the congregation. Devotees skillfully crafted out a beautiful ‘paranyu’ in which Jeevanpran Abji Bapashree gave His Divine Darshan. The devotees then performed poojan to Lord Shree Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa and were served with delicious panchajiri prasad.