Day 4 - Shree Ghanshyam Maharaj Shashtipurti Mahotsav, Ghanshyamnagar
The fourth and final day of the Mahotsav marked the 60th anniversary since Jeevanpran Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa installed the divine Murtis of Lord Shree Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa at Shree Swaminarayan Temple, Ghanshyamnagar. His Divine Holiness Acharya Swamishree commenced the Patotsav ceremony, performing the ceremony in accordance with the ancient Vedic rituals while sants chanted the Sodshopchar mantra.
After the Patotsav ceremony had concluded, all the disciples had the opportunity to perform aarti to Shree Ghanshyam Maharaj on this auspicious occasion, giving His divine darshan amidst the array of sweet and savory delicacies that formed the annkut. Acharya Swamishree then cut a magnificent Sinhasan-shaped cake and offered it to the Lord. Everyone then moved to the Sabha Mandap to receive Acharya Swamishree’s divine ashirwad.
His Divine Holiness Acharya Swamishree’s Ashirwad
- Today is the fourth and final day of our Shahtipurti Mahotsav in the village of Ghanshyamnagar. A grand procession was held through the village yesterday afternoon, when the almighty Lord Swaminarayabapa Swamibapa presided on elephants and gave darshan to all the onlookers. The merciful Lord will bestow His divine blessings to everyone who watched the procession and its magnificence.
- During the festival, Sants and disciples have tirelessly performed various different tasks to ensure it was a success. All this work was demonstrating their true devotion unto the Lord. Remain assured that the Lord has witnessed your dedication and hard work and made a note in His personal diary.
- The Lord is our true mother, father, friend, teacher, and guide. He provides for us like no-one else does. His sole aim is to impart His grace and blessings to us. That is the key trait and nature that remains within the Lord. A thorn has the nature to prick a person’s finger. Fire has the trait to scold. Coal has the nature of making everything that is touches black. Similarly, God has the nature of being a soul’s true saviour. It is not only those who believe in God that are saved, but also those who may not be believers; the Lord bestows His grace equally upon all. He disregards the adverse behaviours of people, and demonstrates His immense benevolence upon them all.
- Bapashree explains that this affiliation with the supreme Karan Satsang, is a rare opportunity to please God. Therefore, we must take the opportunity with love, dedication and perseverance, and gain the Lord’s blessings.
- In GFS 21 of the Vachanamrut, Lord Shree Swaminarayan says that a devotee of God should ponder about God's Murti whilst performing all activities, such as eating, drinking, bathing, washing, walking and sitting. And in order that his understanding of the magnitude of God’s glory increases day by day, he should remain in the perpetual association of the Lord’s Sants.
- If a person lovingly accepts Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa into his soul, the merciful Lord will immediately promote him from a mortal into a divine entity. Such is the greatness of the opportunity gained here, at Shree Swaminarayan Gadi. Ensure that you seize that opportunity to please the Lord.
After Acharya Swamishree’s blessings, all disciples who had contributed to the Mahotsav, residing in India as well those abroad, received a memento from Acharya Shree – an encased golden Murti of Shree Nilkanth Varni.
For the grand finale, fresh flowers were showered over His Divine Holiness Acharya Swamishree the kirtan “Swamibapa pran thi pyara” filled the Sabha Mandap. Acharya Swamishree was then carried through the Sabha to the delight of everyone – the whole sabha was up on its feet, dancing with joy. A fitting end to a magnificent Mahotsav.
The Sabha, and indeed the Mahotsav, concluded, and everyone went for Prasad lunch.