Day 10 - Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Shatabdi Mahotsav - Morning
Samvat 2063 Bhadarva Vad 14, Wednesday 10th October 2007
Day 10 Main
The tenth day of Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Shatabdi Mahotsav commenced as usual with HDH Acharya Swamishree performing mangla aarti to the Supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa. After aarti, Acharya Swamishree and the santos went to Smruti Mandir to perform the annual patotsav ceremony.
At 7.15am, according to ritual, Shangar Aarti was performed.
After Shangar Aarti, Acharya Swamishree went to the Suvarna Tula Samarak Bhavan (the Tower) for darshan and to start the daily procession.
From the Tower, the parade led by Swaminarayan Gadi Pipe Band, Bolton arrived at the entrance gate of Shree Swaminarayan Mandir Maninagar. Acharya Swamishree gave darshan to the thousands lining the route seated on a beautifully decorated palanquin carried on the shoulders of the benefactors of the recital of the Vachnamrut Granth scripture. At the sabha mandap the Band formed the guard of honour and saluted Acharya Swamishree on his arrival on the stage.
Today was Shree Swaminarayan Gadi Sansthan's blood donation day. The gathered congregation was encouraged to donate blood in such quantities that the medics taking the blood donations should tire but, the stream of donors should not cease.
Today saw the conclusion of the recital of the Vachnamrut Granth.
The benefactors offered gifts to Lord Swaminarayanbapa and Acharya Swamishree.
Acharya Swamishree's Divine Ashirwad
- The way to become engrossed in the Murti of God is through meditation. The divine personage who taught us the importance of meditation is our Gurudev Jeevanpran Swamibapa. Today, the light of Jeevanpran Swamibapa’s centenary celebrations is shining all over the world.
- Yesterday, thousands of people had the divine darshan of Lord Shree Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa presiding on a variety of chariots, including an aeroplane. During the procession, I was praying to Swamibapa: ‘You uplift all souls that You encounter. So, have mercy on everyone who has Your darshan during this procession; inspire devotion in them and ensure that they never forget this darshan. If a person recalls this procession during his dying moments, he will remember the darshan of God’s Murti and attain salvation.’
- Jeevanpran Swamibapa manifested in the village of Kheda. The meaning of the word, Kheda is ‘khed’ = farm and ‘a’ = this, i.e. this farm. Jeevanpran Swamibapa has grown the crops of pure thoughts and moral values in our hearts. This is the kind of farming that Swamibapa has carried out and this is the reason why our Satsang has flourished.
- Today, we celebrated the Patotsav ceremony of Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Smruti Mandir. This Smruti Mandir is the personification of our love of Jeevanpran Swamibapa; it is an asylum of peace. The great deities and sites of pilgrimage come to perform darshan at this divine temple. There may be other grander temples but internal peace will not be experienced there in the way that it is experienced at Smruti Mandir.
- The central Murti in Smurti Mandir is of Jeevanpran Swamibapa performing meditation. Meditation was very dear to Swamibapa; He showed this through a series of continuous periods of meditation. Meditation was the mantra of Swamibapa’s life. Swamibapa has said if someone wishes to become free from all flaws, become one with God and ensure that his mind is used for good deeds, meditation is vital.
- Many buildings, houses and mansions can be built by hand, but a home is not built in this way. There is a great deal of difference between a house and a home. A house is made of bricks, cement and mortar. Only when idols of God are installed, and there is love and devotion, does it become a home. Without this and without good moral values, only a house can be built. For this reason, Swamibapa has commanded that aarti, scripture recitals, etc. should take place in people’s homes – to establish an environment of love and devotion for God.
- Jeevanpran Swamibapa performed extreme austerities, in the form of 61 days’ continuous meditation, and brought Shree Swaminarayan Gadi into this mortal world. This throne is decked with the religious decree and devotion for God. It is the throne that is very dear to our lineage of Gurus, such as Sadguru Shree Gopalanand Swamibapa. This throne is giving us an extraordinary command, that we should all come together and serve it with unity.
- A person may have money and power, but if he does not have discretion or humility, he is like an animal. Someone with true prudence and humility does not even let poisonous words past his ears. Only someone who is like this can acknowledge and assimilate the virtues of others, and progress himself. In the 6th Vachanamrut of the Gadhada First Section, Shreejimaharaj has stated, “A person in this Satsang who is prudent, day by day recognises the faults within himself and recognises the good virtues of the Lord and His disciples. If the Lord or a sadhu says harsh words to him, which are in his best interest, he takes them as being beneficial to him, but is not offended. Such a person attains a firm standing in the Satsang. A person who is imprudent acknowledges more and more of his own virtues as he experiences the Satsang and listens to religious discourses. When the Lord or His sants identify flaws in him, he reacts adversely as a result of his own arrogance. Furthermore, he demerits those who advise him. Day by day, such a person diverges from the Satsang and loses status in it. Therefore, someone who renounces arrogance with respect to his own virtues; becomes valiant; and has faith in the Lord and His sants, becomes free from imprudence and acquires a high status in the Satsang.”
- Let us pray to the supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayan on this auspicious occasion: Oh Bapa! May we forever reside and worship at your lotus feet. May we have an abundance of tolerance, devotion and good, moral values so that we may attain the Anadi-mukta status and experience the bliss of Your divine Murti.
The Guest of Honour today was Mr Udaysinhbhai, Executive editor of India Times, who was warmly welcomed by Acharya Swamishree on behalf of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi Sansthan and presented with a prasanta paagh.
In his speech to the gathered audience, Udaysinhbhai said “I am pleased to be honoured on such an auspicious day. I have been associated with this santha for 15 years. For the last 5years , I have become a vegetarian. I am pleased to know that devotees from USA, UK, East Africa and Australia are staunch believers and strict vegetarians.”
Other guests were:-
Pushpanandanbhai Gadhvi, who said “People from Gujarat have really spread all over the world and excelled in various field of education and brought India on the world map, but slightly lagging behind in religion. Here at Swaminarayan Gadi Sansthan however, this is not the case. The devotees here are ahead in religion and other fields of education as well.”
Jitendrabhai Shokhadia, who said “With Acharya Swamishree’s blessings Gujarat State has excelled in all fields of technology. We ask for his blessings so that we can keep progressing further.”
Rattansigh Rattansaheb, who said “Among many flowers, there is one which is the most beautiful, among many sants, there is one who is the greatest; Acharya Swamishree is such a sant I am pleased to learn that this sanstha is carrying out social, religious and educational activities.”
Dr. K Shashtri, called Smruti Mandir a ‘world peace centre’.
Notable guests included Mr. Ishwarbhai Bhavsar,
Harbinder Singh – BJP,
Dilip Singh and
The representatives from the Sikh community presented Acharya Swamishree with a sword. The Master of Ceremonies Shree Vignanprakashdaasji Swami commented that the sword is not to kill humans but to destroy internal enemies such as kaam, krodh, lobh, maan, irsa.
Today saw the inauguration of the audio CD ‘Darshan Karva Jaiye’ in the presence of Acharya Swamishree and the distinguished guests.