Day 9 - Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Shatabdi Mahotsav - Morning
Samvat 2063 Bhadarva Vad 13, Tuesday 9th October 2007
Day 9 Main
Day nine of Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Shatabdi Mahotsav commenced with HDH Acharya Swamishree performing mangla aarti to the Supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa.
At 7.15am Shangar Aarti was performed and Lord Swaminarayan, Shree Ghanshyam Maharaj, Shree Sahajanand Swami, Jeevanpran Bapashree and Jeevanpran Swamibapa again gave darshan adorned in beautifully arranged flower garments. The aroma in the temple was full of sweet smelling flowers freshly picked, and woven by Swamibapa’s sants into the garments.
After Shangar Aarti, Acharya Swamishree went to the Suvarna Tula Samarak Bhavan (the Tower) for the daily procession.
From the Tower, the parade led by Shree Muktajeevan Pipe Band, London arrived at the entrance gate of Shree Swaminarayan Mandir Maninagar. Acharya Swamishree gave darshan to the thousands lining the route seated on a beautifully decorated chariot. At the sabha mandap the Band formed the guard of honour and saluted Acharya Swamishree on his arrival on the stage.
Today saw the conclusion of the recital of Swamibapa Ni Vato, Part 2.
The benefactors offered gifts to Lord Swaminarayanbapa and Acharya Swamishree.
Acharya Swamishree's Divine Ashirwad
- Yesterday we had the darshan of an evening of devotional songs (bhakti sangeet). Music and songs have the power to excite and invigorate. Fused with devotion, the joy experienced from such music becomes indescribably great.
- Today, the recital of the Second Part of the Discourses of Jeevanpran Swamibapa has concluded. In this scripture, there are numerous examples where Swamibapa has shown us how to stay on the true path by continuously performing various methods of devotion.
- Swamibapa was the master of so many arts and through these art forms (music, dance, etc.), wherever He travelled, He ignited enthusiasm for devotion amongst the masses. These feats are simply beyond description.
- In the 74th discourse of the Second Part of the Discourses of Jeevanpran Swamibapa, Swamibapa has taught us the truest thing in the world is Lord Shree Swaminarayan and His Satpurush; everything else is false and temporary. Ultimately, everything else will merge back into Maya (from which it emerged). We must always remain awake to this.
- Even though we have found such a true God, such true Satpurush and such a true Shree Swaminarayan Gadi, people still endeavour to attain that which is perishable; they do not put equivalent effort into attaining what is true and eternal. Swamibapa has explicitly stated that such pursuits of worldly happiness and wealth will put people to sleep (i.e. make them unaware of what is true).
- Jeevanpran Swamibapa has said, “We will not have another opportunity such as this. Therefore, those who seek salvation, awaken!” Swamibapa has not merely told us to open our eyes. He has told us to keep our eyes open to assimilate the true knowledge of God. That is what He meant by staying awake.
- In the 50th Vachanamrut of the Gadhada First Section, Shreejimaharaj has asked, “Who is truly intelligent? Someone who is proficient in worldly affairs or someone who understands the scriptures?” Shreejimaharaj Himself goes on to answer the question. “Many people are extremely wise in dealing with worldly affairs, yet they do not make any effort for their own salvation. Other people are apt in interpreting the scriptures, yet they too make no efforts towards their own salvation. Therefore, these people should not be thought of as being intelligent (i.e. not awake). In fact, they should be thought of as being dense. Those who make efforts for their own salvation, may have a limited intelligence, but are in fact extremely wise (i.e. awake).”
- Many people come to these congregations. Some come because it looks appropriate; some come to pass their spare time; and some come to attain true knowledge. Some even come here and fall asleep! What is the point in coming to these congregations and not putting what is taught into practice? Consider how keen we are to get to work on time, yet we think it is acceptable to be late for the darshan of God. If this is the case, it should be considered that one’s love for God is not as it should be. Jeevanpran Swamibapa has said that these congregations take place precisely to awaken people to the truth. He was not talking about opening one’s physical eyes, but of an internal awakening to the true knowledge of God. Swamibapa has categorically said that a person’s wealth will put him to sleep. Worldly affairs will make a person lethargic, and a person’s possessions will cause him to nod off. Let us pray to the supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayan to keep us awake and alert to these ultimate truths.
- Later today, we will all take part in another Universal Procession of Peace. During this magnificent parade, we will have the divine darshan of Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa seated upon a variety of chariots. These grand chariots are the result of the tireless efforts of Jeevanpran Swamibapa’s devout sants, who have worked day and night in preparation of this Mahotsav. To please the Lord, you will all perform the darshan of this procession with the utmost decorum and respect.
- Let us pray to God on this occasion. “Oh Lord, may we never be overcome by our own flaws. May we remain awake to the supreme knowledge of God that resides at Shree Swaminarayan Gadi. Moreover, give us the divine strength to ensure we relinquish our lives while under its shelter.”
The Guest of Honour today was Sunilbhai Talati, Chairman of All India Chartered Accountants, who was warmly welcomed by Acharya Swamishree on behalf of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi Sansthan and presented with a prasanta paagh.
In his speech to the gathered audience, Sunilbhai Talati said “I am thankful for receiving Lord Swaminarayan’s blessings. I am a civil servant and my duty is to serve the citizens of this country. I pray may Lord Swaminarayan give me good health and His blessings to serve them even better and with integrity.”
Today saw the inauguration of the audio CD ‘Joya Joya Shree Hari’ and the booklet ‘Navaliya Ni Nauttam Leela’ in the presence of Acharya Swamishree and the distinguished guest.