Day 5 - Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Shatabdi Mahotsav - Morning
Samvat 2063 Bhadarva Vad 10, Friday 5th October 2007
Day 5 Main
The fifth day of Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Shatabdi commenced with Acharya Swamishree performing mangla aarti to Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa.
Following shangar aarti Acharya Swamishree presented Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa with the booklets “Santo no Subo” and an audio CD compilation “Ekadashi Pavitra Parva. Following the shangar aarti, Acharya Swamishree and sants arrived at Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Smarak Bhavan Tower. At the Tower Shree Muktjeevan Pipe Band, London saluted Acharya Swamishree who was seated on a magnificent chariot crafted by the sants of Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa. The Band then led the Swagat Yatra to Maninagar Mandir.
Today was the conclusion Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Leelamrut Sukhsagar First Volume Scripture recital and the disciples on whose behalf the readings took place offered gifts to Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa and Acharya Swamishree.
The Guest of Honour for today was Mr. Bharat Solanki, the Congress Party Chairman. Other dignitaries included Mr. Dilipbhai Chavda and Mr AG Gohil. On behalf of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi Sansthan, Acharya Swamishree presented Mr Solanki, Mr Chavda and Mr Gohil with prasanta paagh and garlands.
In the presence of the honoured guests the booklet “Santono Suhbodh” and the CD compilation “Ekadashi Pavitra Parva” were released.
Acharya Swamishree's Addresses the Guest
Addressing the sabha Dr Bhatt remarked, “We need to balance our life and to do so we need to receive the blessings of a Satpurush. For this reason I have come for the blessings from Acharya Swamishree.”
Acharya Swamishree's Divine Ashirwad
- We are here at this divine venue to celebrate the centenary of out beloved Gurdev Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa, who in order to spread the Satsang travelled continuously as if there was no difference between day and night.
- Yesterday, the disciples of London performed a stage show of a religious drama and religious dance and music. It was excellent to see that despite living in the modern, western world with all its affluence and attractions, these disciples still hold traditional and religious values so dear. The Lord is truly pleased with this.
- Today the recital of the First Part of the Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Leelamrut Sukh Sagar scripture was concluded and we have commenced the recital of the Middle Part.
- In this scripture, Jeevanpran Swamibapa has taught us the importance of maintaining good values. And in order to enable us to do this, He has given us this divine place [Shree Swaminarayan Temple, Maninagar] at which we can attain the true religious decree – the most important of all the attainments in life. Swamibapa has shown us the route to salvation but it is up to us to take that path. One must become free from lust, anger, greed, ego and inappropriate passions in order to attain salvation and the Anadi-mukta status.
- In the 12th Vachanamrut of the Gadhada Final Section, Shreejimaharaj has stated, “Whoever wishes for his own salvation must have no form of arrogance about being of a particular class, wealthy, attractive or highly educated. One must remain the servant of the servant of the poorest disciples. When a person has arrogance, even something that is undoubtedly true seems false. No matter if a friend, guru or even God Himself preaches to him, he would still disagree.
- Jeevanpran Swamibapa disrupted an assembly of scholars that had gathered to cease the spread of the true knowledge contained in the Rahasyarth Pradeepika Tika, as propounded by Jeevanpran Bapashree. None of the supporters of the Acharya were able to advance their malignant intentions and so they issued a writ demanding Swamibapa be ousted from the Sampraday. Moreover, they concocted a secret plan to demote Swamibapa into white clothing and eject Him from Kadi Temple. None of these schemes came to fruition!
- During these episodes, Sadguru Shree Ishwarcharandasji Swamibapa was in Kadi with Swamibapa. He asked Swamibapa whether He was afraid. Swamibapa replied, “Are you asking Me dear Guru?!” Sadgurubapa said, “It is My duty to ask you and to ensure your wellbeing,” to which Swamibapa replied, “Your ashirwad is My power and My saviour. Do not concern Yourself.” Sadgurubapa remarked, “It is the wish of Lord Shree Swaminarayan, Jeevanpran Bapashree and Me that Kadi Temple is not relinquished.” Swamibapa answered, “Your wish is My wish. Your command is equivalent to the word of God to Me.” Jeevanpran Swamibapa promised Sadgurubapa that He would never give up the struggle against those who wished to erase the principles of Jeevanpran Bapashree – today we are witnessing the fruits of Swamibapa’s immense courage. Jeevanpran Swamibapa establishing Shree Swaminarayan Gadi is a symbol of that victory.
- Residing under the shelter of such a courageous Jeevanpran Swamibapa has made us fearless too. The endeavours of Jeevanpran Swamibapa and what these mean for His disciples simply cannot be put into words.
- Let us pray today, the fifth day of Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Shatabdi Mahotsav, to Jeevanpran Swamibapa: Oh Bapa! Make us fearless as You, so that we may defeat the internal enemies of lust, anger, greed, ego, etc. and not remain under their control. Give us the wisdom to forever resort to Shree Swaminarayan Gadi, and in this way may we progress towards merging into Your divine Murti.