Exactly 20 years have passed since Acharya Swamishree inaugurated His magnanimous memorial to His Gurudev, Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Smruti Mandir.
On the morning of Monday 26 September 2011, Acharya Swamishree performed the Shanghar Aarti of the Lord at Shree Swaminarayan Mandir Maninagar. He then travelled to the Smruti Mandir, where Sants and disciples awaited His divine darshan. Acharya Swamishree performed the Patotsav ceremony of Jeevanpran Swamibapa, who magnificently presides in constant meditation, in the innermost sanctum of the temple. He then proceeded to the first floor, to perform the Patotsav ceremony of the supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayan and His divine heritage of spiritual successors. Sants offered annakut thaal to the Lord, and then disciples took the opportunity of performing Aarti and gaining the beloved Lord’s divine blessings.
Acharya Swamishree, Sants and disciples returned to the vast compound of Shree Swaminarayan Mandir Maninagar, where a vast assembly was held. Sants and disciples spoke about the remarkable work performed by Jeevanpran Swamibapa and Acharya Swamishree for the benefit and progression of humanity. In His divine blessings, Acharya Swamishree said:
- Since its opening in 1991, many thousands of pilgrims have visited the Smruti Mandir. Seeing the unique architecture and intricate carvings of the building, the magnificent Murtis installed within it, and experiencing its divine serenity, they have experienced true, inner peace. The Smruti Mandir is a monument to eternal peace. People who are pained with the modern day plagues of stress and anxiety come to the Smruti Mandir from all over the world to experience tranquillity and serenity. By the grace of Jeevanpran Swamibapa, they have all become worthy to attain the Lord’s divine blessings.
- When anyone visits the Smruti Mandir, the divine bliss and love that existed in Jeevanpran Swamibapa becomes evident. Once a person becomes truly engrossed in that divine love with the ultimate Lord, it can never be erased.
- In order for that love to remain flourishing, Lord Shree Swaminarayan has shown an easy way – the path of the nine-fold devotion. You need patience, endurance, faith and a focussed mind in order to keep that devotion steadfast. You need to control what you eat, what you say and what you think. You need to remain vigilant at all times about your behaviour and ensure that your conduct is in accordance with what the supreme Lord would want from His disciple. You must have implicit trust in the Lord’s words.
- Such is the mercy of the beloved Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa. He gives advice to save His disciples from misery. Even when they disobey those directives, the merciful Lord becomes alert to eliminate the pain from His disciples.
- On the day of Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Smruti Mandir Patotsav, may the almighty Purna Purushottam, Supreme Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa grant the strength, wisdom and intellect to His children, so that they remain vigilant about behaving in accordance with His will.