First Day of the Mahotsav
Monday 27 April 2009, Samvat 2065 Vaishak Sud 3
Acharya Swamishree performed the Mangla Aarti of the supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa at 5.30 am. The disciples on whose behalf the entire festival is being celebrated, Veljibhai Jina Gorasia and Family, performed the Mahapooja Ceremony. At 8.00 am, a procession was held from the Mandir to the grounds of the MSV High School, where the festival assemblies were held. Acharya Swamishree presided on a chariot, which was pulled by loving disciples. As the chariot arrived into the assembly marquee, young disciples performed a welcoming dance and led Acharya Swamishree to the stage.
Acharya Swamishree then commenced the recital of the Rahasyarth Pradipika Tika Sah Vachanamrut and also explained the unsurpassed glory of this magnificent, divine scripture. As Acharya Swamishree recited each Vachanamrut, a sketch, depicting the theme being discussed by the Lord was placed on the stage.
In His divine blessings, Acharya Swamishree said:
- Sixty years has elapsed since the supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa came to preside in the Mandir in Madhapar. In celebration, we have held this Shashtipurti Pratishtha Mahotsav.
- Many disciples have come from all over the India and indeed, around the world. However, there are many thousands more disciples who have not been able to be present, but who are thinking about the festival, and are regretful about not attending. Furthermore, Sants have remained in the various Mandirs to perform the devotional, sacred duties. Let us pray to the almighty Lord to keep all these loving disciples with us during the Festival.
- Whenever the month of Vaishakh arrives, the Patotsav celebrations are held in the various Mandirs of the region. The month has a special significance for Kutch, from the times when Lord Swaminarayan was present in a human form on the Earth.
- Furthermore, Jeevanpran Swamibapa established the first Mandir under the auspices of Shree Swaminarayan Sidhant Sajivan Mandal in Madhapar. So this village has a special significance for our Karan Satsang.
- The Rahasyarth Pradipika Tika Sah Vachanamrut is being recited during this magnificent festival. This divine scripture is supreme amongst all the great texts of the world, and the great benefit gained from faithfully listening to its recital is also unsurpassed. Eternal and absolute salvation is attained through the Rahasyarth Pradipika Tika Sah Vachanamrut, which the merciful Lord Shree Swaminarayan and our beloved Jeevanpran Bapashree has created for us all.
- In Vachanamrut Kariyani 12, the Lord says that regardless of the lust etc. that may be present within an individual, if he faithfully and devotedly listens to the recital of the divine words of the Lord, that individual will become free of such flaws. He must enjoin himself with the Lord, both physically and mentally. It was for that reason that the supreme Lord manifested upon the Earth – so that disciples could enjoy a spiritual intimacy with Him and attain His divine bliss.
- The ever-presence of the supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayan is available on the Earth today, at Shree Swaminarayan Gadi. Understand and appreciate the magnitude of the fortune and great opportunity that you have attained by being a disciple of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi.
After the blessings, Acharya Swamishree and the invited guests performed the inauguration of a new CD of devotional songs, Mohi Taare Latake. The music to these devotional songs has been created by music maestros Shree Kirtibhai Varsani and Shree Sanjay Omkar. The cost of making this CD has been borne entirely by the sponsor of this festival.
On this occasion, representatives from many of the charitable organizations providing vital social benefit to the region of Kutch were present. Acharya Swamishree blessed them all and donated substantial sums to their various causes on behalf of Maninagar Shree Swaminarayan Gadi Sansthan.
In the afternoon, Sadguru Shree Jitendrapriyadasji Swami and Sant Shiromani Shree Vignanprakashdasji Swami continued the recital of the Rahasyarth Pradipika Tika Sah Vachanamrut.
During the evening, a special concert of devotional music was performed under the direction of Bollywood’s music maestro, Shree Viju Shah, with the assistance of Shree Kirtibhai Varsani. The chorus comprised of 80 young students of the Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa Ladies Arts and Commerce College and the Leva Patel Kumar Vidyalay. The event was held in the vast grounds of the Sarvodach Sports Centre, and commenced with a spectacular fireworks display. Devotional and patriotic dances were also performed by the students of Shree Muktajeevan Kala Academy.