The auspicious occasion of Prabhodhini Ekadashi (Kartik Sud Ekadashi, Samvat 2073) fell on Friday 11th November 2016. Prabhodhini Ekadashi is especially significant in the Karan Satsang; five anniversaries fall on this day, namely:
- Jeevanpran Shree Abji Bapashree Jayanti (Samvat 1901, 1844 AD, Vrushpur).
- Birthday of Shree Dharmadev (Samvat 1796, 1739 AD, Itara).
- Shree Nilkanthvarni was initiated as a Sant by Sadguru Shree Ramanand Swami (Samvat 1857, 1800, Piplana).
- Shreeji Mahararaj was handed the helm of religion by Sadguru Shree Ramanand Swami (Samvat 1858, 1801 AD, Jetpur).
- Jeevanpran Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa was initiated as a Sant in the Samvat year 1986 (14th November 1929).
To mark this great day, a 24 hour continuous Shree Swaminarayan Mahamantra Dhoon (chanting) is held in Shree Swaminarayan Mandir Maninagar. Shorter versions of Shree Swaminarayan Mahamantra Dhoon are also held in Shree Swaminarayan Gadi mandirs all over the world.
The festivities commenced on Prabhodhini Ekadashi day with kirtan bhakti and followed by the start of the 24 hour dhoon at 10am. The festivities concluded with the ending of the 24 hour dhoon the next day at 10am and followed by Acharya Swamishree's divine ashirwad.