Purna Purushottam Lord Shree Swaminarayan manifested on the earth to:
- Fulfill the devotional desires and wishes of His loving devotees and grant them His divine parental compassion.
- Protect and rejuvenate religions decree (dharma) and devotion (bhakti) which were being offended by irreligious and evil persons.
- Establish and spread His eminence as the incarnator of all incarnations (Sarvavtari), His supreme spiritual knowledge, and His true upasana (true understanding of the glory of the Lord).
- Enlighten the previous incarnations and their devotees with His supreme upasana and then uplift them to His divine abode, Akshardham.
- Establish the long-forgotten principles of the Ekantik-dharma (true religion) by destroying evil and thereby protecting the upholders of truth and virtuosity.
- Elucidate the true spiritual knowledge and upasana to His devotees, i.e. the souls who seek salvation and then lead them to His divine abode, encouraging other souls to follow the path to salvation.
Lord Shree Swaminarayan manifested on this earth in Samvat 1837 Chaitra Sud 9 (Monday April 2nd, 1781) in the village of Chhapaiya as the son of Dharmadev and Bhaktimata. During His time on this earth in a human form, Lord Shree Swaminarayan accomplished all of things He aspired to do plus more.
Monday, April 14th, 2008 was the 227th anniversary of the auspicious day of the Lord’s manifestation. The disciples of Shree Swaminarayan Temple New Jersey held a Swaminarayan Jayanti Celebration on Sunday, April 13th, 2008. Throughout the entire celebration, the Lord was seated on a golden swing, and He continuously bestowed His divine darshan upon the congregation.
The celebration commenced with a nonstop two-hour dhoon. Disciples then performed kirtan-bhakti and gave several speeches about the glory of the Lord. A celebration cake was also offered to the Lord. Disciples performed aarti, and prasad was offered to all after the celebrations.