HDH Acharya Swamishree arrives in Nairobi
In December 1952, Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa installed the Divine murti of Shree Ghanshyam Maharaj at Swamibapa Temple Nairobi on Grogan Road (Kirinyaga Road). To observe the 60th year of this auspicious day, a 5 day Shashtipurti Mahotsav will be celebrated from 22nd December to 26th December 2012. His Divine Holiness Acharya Swamishree Purushottampriyadasji Maharaj and sant mandal from India is in Nairobi to grace this auspicious occassion.
On Tuesday, 27th November 2012 Acharya Swamishree arrived at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi where He was warmly received by committee members. He was respectfully escorted to the temple by traffic police motor bikes. Hundreds of anxiously waiting devotees had gathered on Swamibapa Road for His Holiness's arrival and darshan. Upon His arrival, H H Swamibapa Pipe Band reverently gave a guard of Honour and led the procession to the Temple hall. His Holiness blessed all those who joined in the mini procession while seated on a chariot which was pulled by young devotees.
In the temple, He performed aarti, cut a welcome cake and offered it to Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa. The welcome ceremony was held in the evening. After the Sandhya Aarti routines, young devotees performed two dances; Swamibapano Ladko Dikro Nehthi Nirkhe Chhe and Avine Birajo re, Vahla Mare Orde re.
HDH Acharya Swamishree showered His Divine blessings to the large congregation and said that:-
* Shree Mutajeevan Swamibapa came to Africa in 1948 to enlighten the souls of devotees who had come to Africa.
* The soul is enlightened by serving The Lord with true devotion.
* One should detach from the material world and seek path of salvation; this is attained by having pious thoughts.
* One who has total faith in Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa achieves pious thoughts.
* One should perform devotion to become staunch devotee (Uttam Bhakt) whose sole aim is to please The Lord, but not for any personal recognition or benefit.
After the ashirwad, flower garlands and bouquets were offered to HDH Acharya Swamishree and the sant mandal. A packet of consecrated food (Prasad) “Amrutpak and Ghanthiya” was offered to the congregation.