27th August 2010 was a landmark day in the history of Kenya. Over hundred thousand Kenyans witnessed the promulgation of a long awaited new constitution at Uhuru Park, in Nairobi.
H. H. Swamibapa Pipe Band was invited to perform at such a grand occasion witnessed by over 5 heads of African States and several notable dignitaries.
The political history of Kenya has evolved so much in the last century; from the time when it was a British colony, gained independence in 1963, introduction of multi-party and now the promulgation of a new constitution.
This has all come through the grace and blessings of Jeevanpran Abji Bapashree and Sadguru Shree Ishwarcharandasji Swami who inspired the satsangis from Kutch to emigrate to Kenya for better work opportunities. Since then, more and more Satsangis emigrated to Kenya and in 1948 H H Muktajeevan Swamibapa made His maiden trip to Kenya. In 1952, He performed the opening ceremony of the new temple on Grogan Road, now Kirinyaga Road. Since then a new temple was built in year 2000 and in December 2010, a grand festival will be celebrated to mark the 10th Anniversary of the new temple.