This festival of kites was celebrated on 14 and 15 January 2008. A two day scripture recital of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi Granth was held in Nairobi.
Acharya Swamishree Purshottampriyadasji Maharaj initiated the scripture recital on 14 January 2008 at 6.15am after the Mangla Aarti. The scripture recital continued in the evening and the following morning and was concluded in the evening.The temple was decorated with colourful kites and fresh flowers. At the conclusion ceremony on the second day, the benefactors brought gifts from H H Swamibapa Hall and offered to Lord Swaminarayan and performed aarti.
Acharya Swamishree Purshottampriyadasji Maharaj’s Divine Ashirvad.
- H D H Swamibapa, in Shree Swaminarayan Gadi Granth, has explained the divinity of our supreme lineage of Swaminarayan Gadi.
- If our thoughts, actions and words are related to Supreme Lord Swaminarayan, we will be able to obey His commands.
- The Lord has given us ability to think. If our thoughts are divine then we will have faith in one Lord, The Supreme Lord Swaminarayan.
- Our soul is enlightened by offering gifts to Lord Swaminarayan on this auspicious day of Makarshankrati.
- We should give up our egoism and offer our souls to Lord Swaminarayan.
- Our devotion to Lord Swaminarayan should be from the bottom of our hearts.
After the Ashirvad, divine Prasad was distributed to all the devotees.