7 February 2008 – Sadguru Din
Today Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa was adorned in beautiful garments with a rifle, shield and a sword in His lotus hands. This symbolising that we should fight and win over our inner enemies. On this auspicious day, Acharya Swamishree performed Mangla Aarti at 6.00am to Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa.
In the evening, after performing the daily niyams, half an hour of meditation was observed by the congregation followed by Divine Ashirwad of Acharya Swamishree.
- This is the day to be immersed in The Lord’s Murti.
- We should have a constant inclination of the mind towards the Murti of God. This is a very difficult task, but not an impossible one.
- We should always chant the Supreme name of Lord Swaminarayan in all our deeds. By doing so we can visualise His Murti.
- We should have full faith in The Supreme Lord Swaminarayan and become His adored children.
- We should treat our body and soul to be separate and assume the form of purshottamroop.
- We should gain victory over anger and learn to forgive because the one who forgives an angry person will enjoy the good deeds of that angry person.
- We should draw our senses towards The Lord and learn to accept and remedy our faults.
After the ashirwad, devotees performed raas around Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa. At the centre of the circle, Acharya Swamishree gave divine darshan seated on the Gadi while a group of sants and devotees sang melodious raas kirtans. At the culminating stage, devotees performed fer fudardi and bhangra.
At the end, every one dispersed with divine Prasad and sweet memories of the day.