On 8th January 2008, the Sadguru Din commemorations were held in the presence of Acharya Swamishree in Nairobi.
Devotees gathered in large numbers to celebrate this monthly event. Acharya Swamishree performed Aarti to Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa and the daily evening routines followed. Sants pleased Lord Swaminarayan and Acharya Swamishree by singing devotional songs.
Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa who instigated the commemoration of this day has commanded that we should perform meditation on this day. According to His command, Acharya Swamishree, sants and devotees sat in meditation for half an hour. Acharya Swamishree then showered His blessings to the congregation.
- This is the day to examine the strength of our bond of love with Lord Swaminarayan. We should ensure that this bond gets stronger by the day.
- We should scrutinise our deeds to see if they are spiritually or materially aligned to the Lord.
- Our internal enemies are very powerful. The only weapon to conquer them is meditation, thus our beloved Guruji Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa has put a lot of emphasis on meditation.
- In every human heart, there is mercy and attachment to both worldy aspects and God. We should ensure that these two are related to God only, otherwise we will stray away from the path of ultimate salvation. Bharatji had mercy on a baby deer and thus had to come back in the cycle of birth and death for his salvation.
- We should serve only the one supreme Lord Swaminarayan; then our mercy and attachment will be towards Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa.
- We should pray to the supreme Lord Swaminarayan for our eternal happiness and ask for His mercy to keep us immersed in His Murti.
- The supreme Lord Swaminarayan, by His Divine grace, has immersed us in His Murti and has enlightened us with true spiritual knowledge. It is our duty to obey all His commands, which are preserved and propagated through His divine, supreme throne, Shree Swaminarayan Gadi.
A majestic throne decorated with fresh flowers was placed in the centre of the temple hall. The divine darshan of Acharya Swamishree, dressed in fresh flower garments and seated on this rotating throne, encouraged the devotees who performed raas around Him as a team of sants and devotees sang devotional raas garba songs for the occasion. The climax of the raas was a special dance "sanedo" performed by devotees at the culminating stage.
At the end of the day, everyone enjoyed delicious mahaprasad in H H Swamibapa Hall.