On 26th January 2008, India Republic Day celebration was held in Nairobi temple to show the love of devotees to mother India. Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa was adorned in Orange, Green and White garnaments. In the morning, as Acharya Swamishree entered the main temple hall, He was also presented with a beautiful Orange, Green and White flower garland. The colours matching to those of the Indian National flag.
H H Swamibapa Pipe Band gave a guard of honour to Lord Swaminarayan and Acharya Swamishree. The Band then played the National Anthem of India as Acharya Swamishree hoisted the Indian flag.
In the evening, patriotic dances were performed by young devotees dressed in coloured attires similar to the colours of the National flag. During the dance, the performers formed very impressive formations amidst loud cheers from the spectators while Indian flags fluttered all over in the temple.
Today was the conclusion of nine samuh parayans of the scriptures “Shree Abji Bapashree ni Vato.” In His Aashirvad, Acharya Swamishree said:-
- There isn’t an iota of difference between the three forms of Lord Swaminarayan; the one that resides in Akshardham, the human form and the form of a murti.
- Lord Swaminarayan manifested on this earth to establish peace and tranquility and eradicate evil beliefs.
- We should please the Supreme Lord Swaminarayan by strictly obeying His commandments as stated in the Shikshapatri so that we can achieve our goal of attaining ultimate salvation.
- We should pray to Lord Swaminarayan to guide us on the right path and lay our destiny at the mercy of His hands.
- We should appreciate The Lord when he honours our devotion.
- We should never engage ourselves in malpractice that hurt the feelings of The Lord.
- Our mind should have control over our senses and not vice versa.
- Our beloved Gurudev Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa endured extreme hardship for our benefit. He manifested upon this earth and gave us a meal of spiritual knowledge, associated us with the Suprem Karan Satsang and showed us the true form of the divine throne of Lord Swaminarayan- Shree Swaminarayan Gadi.
- We are ever indebted to Him and should show our appreciation by obeying the commands of Lord Swaminarayan and remaining under the shelter of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi upto the last breath.
Acharya Swamishree thanked all those who took part in the dances including their instructors and the make-up team who did a professional job.
The eventful day culminated with divine prasad served to all the devotees.