In celebration of the 55th patotsav of Lord Swaminarayanbapa Swamibapa in Nairobi Temple, a three day festival was held in the divine presence of Acharya Swamishree. A recital of the divine scripture, ‘Shree Swaminarayan Gadi’ was held on this occasion.
Acharya Swamishree blessed the congregation:
- We have attained the supreme lineage of spiritual leaders, beginning from the Supreme Lord Shree Swaminarayan.
- This supreme hierarchy is explained in our divine scripture ‘Shree Swaminarayan Gadi’
- All that one does to serve the Lord should be done whole heartedly and without any deceit. One should not act like hypocrites – whereby one’s words differ from one’s actions.
- One should never become associated with immoral persons because by doing so, undoubtedly, a person will also be drawn towards immorality.
- One’ heart must be kept clean, because this is where the Lord resides within each person.
- Never have jealousy towards others because this is what makes an individual forget the Lord and thus, stray away from the path of salvation.
On 26 December 2007, Acharya Swamishree performed the patotsav ceremony of the Lord.
On this occasion, Acharya Swamishree officially launched Nairobi Temple’s new web site.
In His divine blessings, Acharya Swamishree explained the importance of the temple.
- Jeevanpran Swamibapa has created temples around the world for disciples to gain spiritual strength.
- The Lord Himself presides in the temples; so the patotsav ceremony that we have just performed, was actually being performed in the divine abode, Akshardham.
- By going to the temple, one learns good character and the manner of performing the different ways of devotion, through which one can please Lord Swaminarayan. A temple is where one learns how to live and work in harmony with one another; morality and good character; how to remain afar from vile addictions; how to become engrossed in the Lord’s Murti.
- It is a duty of each disciple to serve the temple in whichever manner he is able to.
After the divine blessings, prasad was given to all the disciples.